Bunker play doesn't need to be a feared part of your game.
Select your sand wedge:
- Open the clubface, but dont aim left with your body. Keep everyone sqaure or parallel to the target just like your full swing.
- Create a firm wide foundation with your feet. Wiggle your feet into the sand and get a feel for the depth and texture of the sand.
- The only change to your swing now is to swing more around your body and let the club glide through the sand.
Distance control isn't about the perfect putting technique or stroke, it is combining:
- Green Reading
- Pre-shot routine (how you rehearse or get ready to hit a longer putt)
- "Feeling" the stroke you need to use to achieve a good putt from distance
The key to chip and run shots around the green is to:
1. Decide the where to land the ball
(The best landing zone is the flatest part of the green and a few paces onto the green)
2. Once you have decided the landing zone, then choose a club which can land in the zone and roll out to the flag.
Choose your top 3 clubs to chip and run with and become familair and confident with using these various clubs around the green.
I have worked with David for some 4 years now , my understanding of the golf swing has got better and better , my course management and overall fitness is now what it should be to play the game of golf this is all down to David and I can not thank him enough for getting me back to having fun when I play this game.Danny Butler, Group Managing Director, T&D Group of Companies